Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas means.....cooking!!

This week I'm fixing lots of goodies for Christmas! So far I've made chocolate covered peanut clusters. Easy peasy! Just melt the chocolate and dump the roasted peanuts in mix and drop on wax paper. I didn't take pictures of that because honestly I just thought about posting my recipes and pictures today lol! So today I made Tiger Butter Fudge! I'm not much of a fudge person but this is the creamiest easiest fudge ever!!  I had a helper in Cade today although he wanted to eat a cupcake from Walmart instead of the wonderful candy I was making- such is life.
Here are the ingredients you need- all three of them!
1lb White Chocolate
1lb Semisweet Chocolate
1 1/3 cups Peanut Butter ( I use creamy but the original calls for crunchy)
Cade was tired of posing for the camera and claimed he was 'invisible'.
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in thirty second intervals. After heating for 1 minute add the peanut butter and continue melting and stirring every thirty seconds till melted like this-
Line a pan with foil, I grease mine not sure if you have to or not. But better safe than sorry lol!!
When the white chocolate and peanut butter is all melted, add the semisweet chocolate to a bowl and about a tbsp of shortening. This increases the fat which helps the chocolate melt smoother, stir easily, and gives it a nice gloss. Some people use a little butter, but since the water content in butter or margarine can be high, it may make your chocolate seize! Hope this tip helps!!

Melt the chips in 1 minute intervals mixing after, until smooth.
 Pour the white chocolate and peanut butter mixture in the pan, Pour melted semi-sweet chocolate over top and swirl through with a knife, to create a marble pattern. Chill until firm. Cut into pieces.
I like to take mine out and cut into pieces while still slightly warm and then chill. Cutting it after it has cooled caused the tops to crack and the appearance was not as nice. 
Now try not to eat it all yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment