Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sickies...

That's what we all are in the Hill household! Jaxon got sick last Saturday with Strep, I took him to the doctor and he was put on antibiotics.  It was a lovely 4 hour stay with a puking session as soon as we got there. He seemed fine besides a soar throat, no fever, but pretty bad drainage.

Then Wednesday he started running a fever of 103 and Cade got sick too, mostly just drainage and fever. I already had doctors appointments for them on Friday and after our less than stellar urgent care visit on Sunday we just waited to see their doctor. Had I only known the joy that would bring I would have just gone to urgent care!

I had to haul myself and both sick boys over to the doctor I got there at 12:30 was finally taken back at 1:30, Cade was shaking the whole time saying "don't shoot me!" He wouldn't even tell us what hurt for fear of a shot. He had an ear infection but not strep. Half way through Cade's exam they had a fire drill...we had to stand outside for ten minutes waiting for the drill to end...then started the ordeal of getting Cade back in the room to finish.

They then sent us to the lab...the LAB...for blood work and a urine sample.Blood work that I promised wouldn't happen! After a lengthy wait we get called back- I did not tell them what we were doing, Jaxon thought it was just Cade getting work done. Cade went first (I believe the nurse's ears are still ringing from his screams) he lost his mind, shaking, screaming and all that. Which in turn freaked Jaxon out he was shaking and had huge tears streaming down his face before she even touched him! After she stuck him he looked at me and said "that didn't hurt!"

After that lovely experience the lead us to a large bathroom where I had to help them pee in a cup...I was very clear that this is only to be done at the doctor- this freaked them out as well. Did I mention they are deathly afraid of the sound of flushing public toilets?  Cade literally will crawl up you shaking. It was an automatic flusher- it flushed 8 times before we were done...my nerves at this point was shot!

Next we went back to the doctors office to wait for Jaxon's flu swab, and the blood tests for Mono. Well poor Jaxon got so worked up at the Lab he started throwing up in the waiting room- thank goodness we were near a trash can- and after that no one was crowding us lol!!
We waited another hour for test results, Cade slept and Jaxon fretted that he was going to be sick again.

Finally they called us up - no mono, no flu, and oh now you can go to the pharmacy and wait again for thirty minutes. We finally made it out we were all starving and they kids wanted happy meals so off to McDonalds we went. Jaxon was able to eat three bites of a burger- first he's really ate since Saturday.

We got home took our meds- and then Cade threw up all the meds and food he'd had....I broke down. I was soo tired and stressed I just took him to get cleaned up, and had Brett clean up. Later he managed to keep his meds down but it was a fight. I was exhausted!

Saturday brought its own joys- Brett and I both now are sick. Being sick and pregnant is no fun- you don't get anything really but Tylenol and Benadryl which I can't take during the day because it knocks me out!

Jaxon has missed a whole week of school, and will likely miss Monday as his fever was still 101 today and the rule is they have to be fever free for 24 hours without meds before they can come back to school- which I do like. Keeps people from sending their sick kids to school. Then we are expected to get ice and snow Monday night so school maybe called for that lol!! Poor kiddo he even had to miss his party at school on Friday.

Needless to say there will be a delay in pictures being posted!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment